About the Preschool
Welcome to the Shrine Catholic Preschool
Mission Statement: At Shrine Catholic Grade School we try to exemplify Christ by praying, learning, and growing together.
Families are welcome to join us for “Welcome Wednesday” Tours at 9:30 a.m. Call the school office to schedule a tour at 248-541-4622 ext. 0.
Shrine Catholic Preschool is the beginning of the Shrine Schools experience. Our preschool is a Catholic early childhood development program for 3 and 4 year olds. It is our mission to provide a loving Christian environment that encourages each child to begin the separation process between school and home. We provide a loving, caring, faith-filled environment that builds Kindergarten readiness while emphasizing exploration and social interaction.
We have two large classrooms – one for center-based academic and sensory activities and one for center-based activities enhancing gross motor skills and dramatic play skills. Children are taught sensitivity and respect for others while developing their language, fine arts, cognitive and physical skills.
Since young children learn best in an environment that allows them to interact with other children, we provide a positive foundation for learning by offering a play-base developmental program that encourages the cognitive, social /emotional, spiritual and physical development of each child. Skills and concepts are integrated into the daily curriculum with teacher directed activities and small and large group opportunities.
At Shrine Preschool we:
- Emphasize learning through discovery by providing active and hands-on experiences
- Encourage independent and creative thinkers
- Offer child-initiated activity choices based on interest, maturity level, and ability
- Provide an organized and structured learning environment
- Create and promote a sense of community for the children and their families
Two Large Rooms
- Children can explore two large classrooms as part of daily activity
- Both classrooms are center-based with one room hosting academic and sensory centers, while the second room focuses on enhancing gross motor and dramatic play skills
- Preschool 3 AM: Tuesday/Thursday, 8:05 – 11:05 a.m.
- Preschool 4 AM: Monday/Weds/Friday, 8:05 – 11:05 a.m.
- Preschool 4 PM: Monday/Weds/Friday, 12:05 – 3:05 p.m.
- Preschool 4 Full Day: Monday/Weds/Friday, 8:05 – 3:05 p.m.