High School Weekly Announcements
Monday, March 27
- Cafe Menu TBA
- Checks for lunches should be made payable to SHRINE HIGH SCHOOL or you can still load funds onto your student’s account thru PayForIt.net.
- It’s cold season. Donations of kleenex would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
- Winner’s Circle Leadership Forum– today’s presentation is by Adam DeLamielleure ’92, Territory Manager, Unilock; Assistant Football Coach, South Lyon High School. For more information, click on the following link- SHS Winner’s Circle
- Softball Team Parent meeting, 5-6pm Library
- Shrine Track Parent meeting tonight 7pm, Library
- Varsity Baseball at Troy High School, 4:30
Tuesday, March 28
- HEART HEALTH TALK March 28: Please join us for a heart health lecture given by Dr. Deirdre Mattina, MD, a Senior Staff Cardiologist at Henry Ford Hospital and Director of the Women’s Heart Center. Learn tips and tricks for a heart healthy lifestyle for you and your family. The talk is free and no RSVP is necessary. 6:30 pm-8:00 pm in the HS&A Library. Light refreshments will be provided by the High School and Grade School Mothers’ Clubs.
- Don’t forget to get your tickets for the upcoming Fashion Show, Monday, April 3rd. More information on Mothers’ Club Shrine Mothers’ Club
- Shrine Ladies Softball team plays a double header at Cabrini
- Shrine Lacrosse at Henry Ford II, 5:30
Wednesday, March 29
- Sweet Harmony participates in MSVMA Choral Festival today.
- JV & Varsity Baseball plays at Madison Heights Lamphere, 4:30
Thursday, March 30
- Shrine Ladies Softball 4:30 at Hazel Park
- Shrine Ladies Soccer, 5:30 at St.Catherines
Friday, March 31
- Shrine Varsity Baseball plays vs Taylor Prep, 4:30
- Need service hours? The Shrine Fish Bake is looking for help. Here’s the link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0845a4a82aa7fb6-shrine1/
Help us reach our record-breaking goal of signing up 100 Shrine teens for this year’s National Catholic Youth Conference. Here, your teen has an opportunity to experience the joy of the gospel with over 20,000 teens from all across the country. Registration deadline is May 26, 2017. For information and forms, please visit: shrineschools.com/ncyc or contact Christine Wist, Shrine High School Youth Minister: 248-549-2925 x2526.
NCYC Informational Flyer
If you can help out on either of these projects, please contact Pauline at 248-589-8067 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, if a student at Shrine helps with these projects, they earn Christian Service hours.
HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS are on sale now. The price is $75 throughout January. The price increases each month! Order securely on-line at www.yearbookforever.com or send a check payable to Shrine High School to the front office.
PARKING PASSES- Student Parking passes are now available in the Main Office. Here is the link to the form and guidelines. High School Student Parking Pass It is also posted under Forms and Documents.
Order form for the new quarter-zip dri-fit sweatshirts can be found HERE. The price is $35.
Click HERE for a link to our Textbooks for Sale Message Board.
Basic Calendar 2016-2017
Shrine High School & Academy
August 22- New Family Welcome BBQ
August 23- Orientation Day for all students
August 24th – First day of classes for students (Half day)
August 25th – Full day of classes for students
September 2 & Sept 5 – off (Labor day)
September 6 – Classes resume
November 23-27 – Thanksgiving Break
December 22 – January 3 – Christmas Vacation
January 4th – Classes resume
January 11, 12, 13 – Mid Terms/ 1st Semester Finals
February 17-20 – Winter break
April 13-23 – Easter Break
May 25 – High School Graduation
May 26 & 29 – off (Memorial day)
June 6 – Eighth Grade Graduation
June 7, 8, 9 – Finals.