High School Weekly Announcements
Monday, September 25
- Cafeteria Menu TBA
- Students will be allowed to wear shorts and appropriate t-shirts to school on Monday. (No short shorts)
- University of Michigan, Dearborn representatives are visiting this morning 9:40am, Senior Lounge; Grand Valley State University at 11:20 in the Library
- NHS acceptance letters are due today by 3:05 to Mrs. George or Mrs. Jaeger
- Homecoming Tickets are on sale now for $12 per person before school in Rm. 203 and in both lunch periods. A reminder–if you are bringing a guest from another school, you can make a copy of the Dance Guest Pass from Shrine High’s website, Student Info., under FORMS. It must be completely filled-out and signed when turned in, along with your guest showing their I.D. at the dance doors, or your guest will not be allowed to enter.
Tuesday, September 26
- Representatives from Ohio University visit today at 10:30am in the Senior Lounge
- Cross Country team CHSL Jamboree #2 at Hudson Mills
- Volleyball plays at home vs. Our Lady of the Lakes, 5:30 & 6:30pm, Field House
- Soccer plays at home vs Everest Academy, 5:30pm
- Students that wish to participate in the March for Life in Washington DC in January should sign up with Mrs. Reichel by this Friday.
Wednesday, September 27
- Mothers’ Club meeting this evening, 7:30pm, Student Center
- The 2018 Shrine Spirit Yearbook are on sale now for the low cost of $55. Yearbooks can be ordered at yearbookforever.com
- Once again, Shrine will participate in the Catholic High School League’s annual clothing drive, Champions of Charity, in conjunction with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. We asking our Shrine Catholic families to donate gently used items such as: coats/jackets, pants, shirts, dresses, skirts, belts, shoes, etc. Students from participating Catholic League high schools will compete to see who can collect the most clothing and shoes from their local communities. The Pod will be at Shrine Catholic High School/Academy parking lot, at the west entrance doors. Champions of Charity III
- Oakland University visits today at 8:50am, Senior Lounge
Thursday, September 28
- HS Spirit Week begins – HS students are out of uniform as the Disney theme begins- Monsters University- students may wear college gear. There will be a Pep Rally this afternoon.
- Alma College visits at 9:40am, Senior Lounge
- Auditions for the fall play, Uh-Oh Here Comes Christmas today after school. Scripts are available from Mrs. Malloy
- Volleyball plays at Gabriel Richard
- Soccer plays at Bishop Foley, 7:00pm
Friday, September 29
- Mass, 9:00am. All students are reminded to wear their Mass uniform. Following the Mass, the seniors and their parents will be honored at a brunch in Heritage Hall sponsored by the Shrine Mothers’ Club. Click on the following link to see how you can help. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTnCd0KvY7lpzmSwisNAnh10c8Cqq6Xg2-4cA2mCICQ/edit#gid=0
Saturday, Sept. 30– Shrine Fooball plays at home vs Our Lady of the Lakes, 2pm.
Parent/Teacher Conferences are Thursday, October 5th. The online sign up for conference times is now open. PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCE SIGN UP
Friday, October 6th- no School- Homecoming Dance
Step by Step Run/Walk, Saturday October 7, 8:30am. Register now at WWW.STEPBYSTEPRUN.COM
Saturday, Oct. 7th is the Step by Step Run/Walk, Hall of Fame Dinner
Sunday Oct. 8 is the Homecoming Football Game at 2pm.
Tuesday, October 10th, Shrine HS Volleyball plays Cabrini at home in a “Pink Out” game playing in honor of breast cancer survivors. Click on the link for more information Pink Out flyer
Click HERE for a link to our Textbooks for Sale Message Board.
PARKING PASSES- Student Parking passes are available in the Main Office. Here is the link to the form and guidelines. High School Student Parking Pass It is also posted under Forms and Documents.
Shrine Catholic High School & Academy Basic Calendar
2017-2018 School Year
August 21st – New Family Welcome BBQ
August 22nd – Orientation Day for all students
August 23rd – First day of classes (half day)
August 24th – Full day of classes for students
September 1st & 4th – off (Labor Day)
September 5th – Classes Resume
November 22nd – Possible day off for Step by Step Incentive
November 23rd & 24th – Thanksgiving Break
December 22nd – Half day; Christmas Break begins at Noon
December 23rd – January 7th – Christmas Break
January 8th – Classes resume
February 16 & 19th – Winter Break
March 29th – April 8th – Easter Break
May 24th – HS Graduation
May 25th & 28th – off (Memorial Day)
June 6th, 7th, 8th – Finals