- Shrine Catholic High School offers Spanish and Chinese. Our upper level Chinese language students are also able to participate in dual-enrollment with University of Detroit Mercy.
- For the dual enrollment program in 2017-2018, we offer Intro Chinese III (CHI 1120). Students can earn up to three college credit hours with successful complete of these classes.
- Successful completion of two years of a language is required for graduation from Shrine Catholic High School and by the State of Michigan.
- Students have the opportunity to travel with their teachers to Spain or China. These trips are usually offered every two years based on interest.
- Foreign Language classes stress the four basic skills—listening, speaking, reading, and writing with an additional emphasis on cultural awareness.
- Freshmen students who come to Shrine Catholic High School with Level I Spanish already completed may sit for Shrine’s Level I exam to test out and move on to Level II.
Spanish I Grades 9, 10, 11
Spanish II Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
Chinese I Grades 9, 10, 11
Chinese II Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
Chinese III Grades 10, 11, 12
Spanish III Grades 10, 11, 12
Spanish IV Grades 11, 12
Spanish V Grades 12