Weekly Academy Announcements
Here’s what’s happening this week at Shrine Catholic Academy
** Donations of kleenex would be greatly appreciated. Donations may be dropped off at the Academy Office. ***
Monday, October 23
- Cafeteria Menu Cafe menu for 10-23
- Red Cross Blood Drive, Library
Tuesday, October 24
Wednesday, October 25
- Mass for 7th and 8th graders, 1pm, Chapel
Thursday, October 26
- All Schools Band Fall Concert, 7:00pm, Auditorium, Thursday, October 26
- Halloween Dance, Thursday, October 26, 3:30-5pm, Student Center. Parent chaperones are still needed for the dance. We would appreciate help with setup, monitoring and organizing the snacks and general supervision. The dance will be in the cafeteria on the lower level of the school. Mr. Hilden, our Student Council Moderator, will be here overseeing the dance. This is a really fun and quick chaperoning opportunity!! Please consider giving us a hand!! Contact Mrs. Gleeson @email@example.com.
Friday, October 27
- 1/2 day of school. Students are dismissed at 12:05. Last day of the 1st quarter.
- Celebrate the richness of our parish community and learn about Dia de los Muertos, also called “Day of the Dead”, a festival primarily celebrated in Mexico during All Saints and All Souls Days. This family event will be held on Sunday, October 29 in the grade school gym. At 2:00 pm, start with a Mexican meal and then enjoy different activities such as decorating a sugar skull and crafts! Join in the procession to the church for 4:00 pm Spanish Mass, which will be bilingual. Please note that children must be accompanied by an adult. Space is limited! Flyers with the registration form were kidmailed home Friday with the youngest child or click here for another copy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rpgriaDZkCc1NubHdwaGJlU2M/view?usp=sharing Forms can be returned to the school, attention Religious Formation Office.
High School Placement Test Prep Class #1 • Saturday, October 14th • 9 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
High School Placement Test Prep Class #2 • Thursday, November 2nd • 3:30-5:30 p.m.
$25 includes test prep book and snack. Learn test taking strategies and practice sample questions. Class size is limited, registration deadline for October class is Monday, October 2nd. Deadline for November class sign up is Monday, October 23rd. Please contact Mrs. Meg Armstrong ’92 at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat in the class. High School Placement Test (HSPT) Registration (PDF)
Shrine Catholic High School & Academy Basic Calendar
2017-2018 School Year
August 21st – New Family Welcome BBQ
August 22nd – Orientation Day for all students
August 23rd – First day of classes (half day)
August 24th – Full day of classes for students
September 1st & 4th – off (Labor Day)
September 5th – Classes Resume
November 22nd – Possible day off for Step by Step Incentive
November 23rd & 24th – Thanksgiving Break
December 22nd – Half day; Christmas Break begins at Noon
December 23rd – January 7th – Christmas Break
January 8th – Classes resume
February 16 & 19th – Winter Break
March 29th – April 8th – Easter Break
May 24th – HS Graduation
May 25th & 28th – off (Memorial Day)
June 6th, 7th, 8th – Finals